To all students intending to do PhD studies at the University of Venda under my supervision.
Please make sure you satisfy all the criteria below:
- You must have completed a masters’ degree in statistics, applied statistics, mathematical statistics, or data science. Must have published (or accepted for publication) at least one article in an accredited journal.
- You should have obtained the equivalent of at least an upper second-class honours in statistics and merit (at least 70% at masters level).
- Sound knowledge of multivariate calculus, optimisation and matrix algebra.
- You should be capable of programming with, R and/or Python.
- It is essential that you are familiar with reproducible research practices.
- I work on probabilistic forecasting, time series, computational statistics, exploratory data analysis with applications in energy (load and renewable (solar and wind) ) and environmental systems. If you have the background described above, then send me an email at [email protected] including your CV, a transcript of your results and a concept note not exceeding 5 pages.